Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 17 - May 29, 2017

I don't have many updates from this week, so I'm gonna take this opportunity to talk about the importance of missionary work.

Sisters Coleman & Suarez-
eating dinner in their apartment
Elder Costa, the area authority over Brasil, visited our mission this week. The talks of him and his wife were amazing and so, so inspiring. One thing that he said that really stuck out to me was that a lot of members of the church seem to think the whole world can be converted just by us (members) being good examples. Well, it's not true. We need to ACT. We need to WORK. And if we don't, it's on our heads that they don't have the joy of the gospel in their lives. Go read Jacob 1:19 and Mormon 9:6.
I'm gonna be honest, I was a terrible missionary before my mission. I was always to afraid to invite nonmember friends to church activities or share my testimony. Which is so stupid, what did I have to be afraid of? I had the greatest gift in the world- the knowledge of the gospel- and my fear over what others would think of me overpowered my love for them, my love for the gospel, and my love for the Savior. Don't make the same mistakes as me.

This gospel is everything. You guys, we can LIVE WITH OUR FAMILIES FOREVER because of it. We have find peace and support and love even in the hardest moments of our lives. All of the guilt and pain and sadness that this life will inevitably bring can be taken away. Because of our Savior. Because of this gospel. I KNOW this church is the only true church on earth. And I know a lot of you know it to. So have the courage to share that with those who don't know yet.
I challenge all of you to pray for a missionary experience this week, and trust in the Lord's promise that he will tell you what to say when the opportunity comes. This gospel is the greatest blessing we can have in our lives; love others enough to want to share that with them.

Love you all!!
-Sister Coleman


****  When we spoke on Mother's Day, Madison told us that their apartment is one of the nicest and largest in the entire mission.  She's trying hard to not feel too spoiled.  They have their own laundry room (Just washing machine, everyone air dries their clothing, which can be a challenge in the humidity.)  They also have 2 bathrooms, both with showers, 1 with hot water (another rarity).

Kitchen
notice propane tank

Bedroom

Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2

Laundry Room

"Extra" Room

Office

Common Room


No comments:

Post a Comment