Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 14 - May 8, 2017

Well, you guys, as of today, I've been on my mission for 3 MONTHS! In some ways, it feels like a lot longer; it feels like this is all I've ever done and everything before was an entirely different life eons ago. But at the same time it feels a lot shorter; as I hear of all these weddings and babies being born and big stuff happening for people...it just seems like yesterday that I was in the midst of all it. Time is a strange thing here. But I still have 15 more months to get used to it!

Something funny that happened this week: the 6 year old son of one of our investigators this week asked me if the reason I'm so white is because I bathe really well. My companion, who is much darker than me, asked him if that meant she was really bad at bathing, and he just said, "I guess so." Aren't kids just a delight?




We had some really cool experiences this week during our lessons. As I think I've said before, we have many investigators who are super good people and enjoy listening to our lessons, but don't want to be baptized. We've been praying and working really hard to know what we need to do differently to help them have this desire; sadly, none of them have accepted baptismal dates still, but as we met with them this week, the Spirit was so, so strong. There's one mother and daughter in particular that are so sweet and we want so badly for them to be baptized, but they say they don't want that kind of commitment right now. Yesterday, we taught them the Plan of Salvation, and testified at the end that we knew they couldn't live together as a family for eternity unless they were baptized. They promised to think about it, so we'll see what comes of it, but I have rarely felt the Spirit so strongly as I did when both I and Sister Suárez were bearing our testimonies.

Guys, I KNOW this gospel is true. There is no way on Earth that I would have the strength to leave my home, family, friends, and everything I've ever known without the knowledge that I had the ability to help families be together forever. This is why I'm here. So remember the importance of the gospel and how lucky you are to have it. Live your life worthily of the knowledge you have.

Love you all!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment