Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 15 - May 15, 2017

From Madison's Mom - 
We had the blessing of SKYPEing with Madison yesterday.  She is really doing well and working hard.  We found out more about her area.  She is in the municipality of São Jerônimo.  Todd was able to track down some satellite images of her area.  She says that her apartment is one of the nicest in the mission - she even has hot water for the shower (which is a rarity in southern in Brazil).







Feliz Dia das Mães to all the moms out there! I hope you all know the power that you have to shape lives for the better; I know I wouldn't be the person I am today or would even be on a mission without my mom. I'm so grateful for the gift of being a woman- I know there is a huge power and responsibility that comes with it. And I hope all you non-mothers realize how amazing your moms are and that you thanked her sufficiently yesterday :)
(Side note: Most people here say that I look really young, but then one girl asked me yesterday if I had kids. Like....goodness gracious no, child. Mother's Day will not be my day for a long time.)

Nothing really out of the ordinary happened this week, except that it's been much more rainy. Also, we did have a really cool experience the other day: We were walking down the street when we heard a voice from one of the houses calling, "Sisters, sisters!" We couldn't see who it was (and we thought it might be some drunk guy, which isn't too uncommon in our day-to-day experiences), so we kept walking. But then we heard someone running after us and continuing to call for us. It turned out to be a guy named L.- he's a member of the church who's been inactive for a long time, and he's just now moving to São Jerônimo from Porto Alegre to live with his dad, who's not a member. He said that right before we'd walked by, he'd been thinking about visiting church again, but didn't know where it was here in São Jerônimo. Right then, we walked by- knowing we were missionaries, he ran after us to ask for the address of the church. Then, on Sunday, he and his dad both came to church! It was such a cool experience. I know that God knows each and every one of us- what we're going through, what we're feeling, what we need. And life is so much better when we rely on Him.

Amo vocês. Obrigada por o amor a apoio. Espero que possam ter uma boa semana!
(Love you. Thank you for the love of support. Hope you can have a good week!)

-Sister Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment