Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week 18 - June 6, 2017

So this week has been a little crazy. First off, it's been raining super hard, enough that some areas of the city have flooded. We actually have a family in the branch living in the chapel because their house was flooded. 




Secondly, transfers were yesterday. I'm staying here in São Jerônimo, but Sister Suárez was transferred :( Luckily, she's staying the same district, so I'll still see her almost every week, but I'll miss having her as a companion. I've learned so much from her and I'm incredibly grateful for the time I had with her as my companion. My new companion, Sister Ribeiro, seems pretty nice and I can tell she's a super good missionary. She's from Recife, Brasil and has been on her mission for 9 months.

This Sunday was a Sunday of miracles. We have one investigator, Jorge, that we'e been working with for forever. The past 4 or 5 companionships before me worked with him too, because he's the husband of a member. But for all that time, he never went to church, so we never got baptized. Finally, this Sunday, HE WENT TO CHURCH! This may seem like a tiny thing, but to me it really is a miracle. I feel so strongly that he'll be baptized soon- I can tell that he is a very special spirit with so much potencial, and I want more than anything for him to be baptized. Pray for him! And for us, that we can know what to do to help him feel prepared.

That's pretty much all for this week. I want my update with my testimony that this gospel brings indescribable happiness to our lives. Despite the constant changes and frequent let downs I've experienced here, I've rarely been happier. I am so certain that this gospel is true. 

"More happines awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among [God's] children." -First Presidency Message, PMG

Amo vocês! Tenha uma ótima semana!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment