Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 21 - June 26, 2017

Good news: The weather this week was fantastic. No rain, perfect temperatures. Beautiful. Bad news: That probably means this next week will be horrid, because that seems to be how the weather here functions.

Not a lot out of the ordinary happened this week. J., the investigator that I was positive would be baptized, seems much less certain/excited about baptism now, and is also kind of avoiding us, which is super, super worrying. I'm praying crazy hard that he'll come around and continue with the desire to be baptized. Other than him, we only have two other investigators that really have the desire, but they both need to get married, which is a crazy long process here. All the other people we're meeting are good people...but don't really want to be baptized. Why people don't want to gain eternal salvation, I don't really know. But I'm trying to do everything in my power to improve as a missionary so that the Spirit can work through me and help people have that desire. 

A few funny things that happened this week: My companion, who is trying to learn English, wrote some sentances in English and afterwards had me help her correct them. One of them said "I need marriage me," meaning I need to get married. It's super understandable why she wrote it like that because it's phrased super differently in Portuguese, but I couldn't stop laughing. Also, fun fact for the day, Portuguese has two different words for snot, depending on if it's green (catarro) or clear (ranho). So that's what I'm learning here, what about you guys?

Love and miss you all!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment