Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 60 - March 26, 2018

One more transfer has passed, both Sister Carlota and I are staying here in Areal, and I am now only 3 transfers away from coming home. The end is near and I am nowhere near prepared, but I am fully intent on making the best out of these last few months. Rio Grande do Sul ain't seen nothin' yet.

This week we had a number of cool experiences: We were saved from being mugged twice (long story, don't worry, we're fine....let's just say God really does protect His missionaries), a random man on the street asked for a Book of Mormon and for us to visit him (that never happens), and we somehow survived somehow survived all the streets flooding after this huge storm the other day. We've discovered that's it's quite common for the water on the street in Pelotas to reach up to the knee after the storms, so we're gonna have some fun times this winter. The bad thing is that we can't see where we're walking with so much muddy water; one elder in our district even stepped on a nail because of it....so....prayers that I'll still be able to walk when this is over!

Ahhhhh, Easter and General Conference are this week!!!! Can you believe it! It feels like such a short time ago that we watched conference the last time, but I'm so excited to be able to hear the counsel of President Nelson and receive some answers. I hope we can all spiritually prepare ourselves to receive the guidance that we're needing in our life through the inspired words of our leaders. And I especially hope that we can all take time to reflect on the life and sacrifice of our Savior during this Easter season, and even more so, the sacrifice that He asks of us in return. A few scriptures from the Book of Mormon about Christ that I especially like:

Alma 7: 11-13
I Nephi 19: 9
Alma 9: 26-38

Love you all! Enjoy this splendid opportunity that we have to hear the words of a living prophet!

Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment