Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 61 - April 2, 2018

In case any of you missed it, ONE OF THE NEW APOSTLES IS BRAZILIAN. YUSSSSSSS. Elder Soares will be amazing, and Elder Gong too, of course. The funny thing is that I got more excited than the actual Brazilians watching conference with me when Elder Soares was called. The fact that the Quorum of the Twelve is getting more and more diverse is so cool to me- what a blessing it is to be part of a worldwide church, where people from literally all nationalities and races and countries are working together for one great cause, the greatest cause that could ever exist, in fact.


What a marvelous conference we had, you guys. I recieved so much revelation and inspiration and felt the Spirit so strongly. General Conference is such an amazing blessing. I especially loved the music from the choir of young adults in the Saturday afternoon session...it made me really miss singing in choir, haha. And how cool is it to have conference on Easter Sunday, what a perfect way to celebrate the life and sacrifice of our Savior. One of my favorite talks was Elder Uchtdorf's, when he said that the most importante day in the history of the world was the day that Christ overcame physical and spiritual death for us, and that the most important day in our personal lives is the day we learn to really understand the sacrifice He made, and what we need to do in return. I hope during these next few weeks- and months- as we reflect on the messages we heard (as our prophet asked us to do) that we can think more about what we can do to show our gratitude for the Lord's atoning sacrifice, what our own sacrifice can be.

We had a wonderfully busy week, running around trying to invite everyone we talked to General Conference. One of the investigators we brought to watch with us, Andriel, is only 11 years old. Pobrezinho, I was sure that he would get bored (I know I did when I was 11), but afterwards he said he loved it. This kid is awesome, we met him and his family door knocking a few weeks ago. As usual, we gave him a Book of Mormon and promised that he'd recieve an answer to know it's true if he prayed and asked; a few days later he saw us walking on the street and goes, "Hey, I still haven't recieved my answer!"  We were like, "Okay, well, did you read and ask?" He admitted that he still hadn't read, and now he says that as soon as he reads and gets an answer i it's true, he'll get baptized. 

Hope you all had a great week!
Love,
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment