Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 58 - March 12, 2018

Pelotas Zone

After an incredibly scorching hot week, it finally rained yesterday. Oh what a miracle. Sister Carlota got super cold and started shivering, she thought it was weird that I was so happy with the rain. But, seriously, when you walk in the heat all day every day, a little bit of cold is one of the best things that can happen. 

Also, we had two incredible baptisms this week! One was Márcia, the investigator that got married last week, and she was so incredibly smiley and excited the whole week, it was so heart-warming to see. We had a family night with her and her family on Friday, and I taught them how to make s'mores (they'd never eaten them before). When Márcia took the first bite, she goes, "This is so good! And so smart and easy! You win this time, America." 

The other baptism was a woman named Nores, who we've been working with for a good long while to overcome some addictions and personal problems. Her baptism was especially espiritual because you could really tell how ready she was to leave all those problems behind and be a new, clean person. I'm immensely happy for both of them.

We also had a Zone Conference this week, and in the middle I realized that I was the oldest sister (mission wise, not age wise) there. How weird is that, I still feel like I started my mission just a few months ago. :( 

At the end of the conference, President Cruz said something that really hit me. He told us that he wants every one of us to do our best and work our hardest and be obedient not just because he wants the mission to have success and such, but because he's made a personal promise that he'll go to the Celestial Kingdom with his family, and as his missionaries we've become part of his family. So he will be waiting to see us there too, hoping that we've put into practice everything he's tried to teach us. Aw, I love my mission president.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment