Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 57 - March 5, 2018

This week was EXCELLENT! 

Two of our beloved investigators, Alex and Márcia, got married!!! They've been receiving visits from the missionaries for months, and they've been wanting to get baptized for a long time, but needed to wait to get legally married first. And they finally did, and it was so cute, and I'm so stinking happy for them. Even though they've been together for like 5 years and have kids and everything, Alex was so nervous before and during the wedding that he was trembling...I was kind of laughing at him the whole time. I've come to love them a lot. And Márcia even asked me to baptize her...of course I explained why I couldn't, but I've never wanted to be a priesthood holder so badly, haha.

One of our other investigators, this cute little girl Camily, got baptized this week too. She's been going to church for a awhile but never got baptized, and her baptism was super special because almost all the kids from primary went and gave her presents and hugged her afterwards. 

We also met this cute old man while door knocking who wanted me to talk to his daughter on the phone in English because apparently she lived in the US for awhile. 1) I learned how hard it's become for me to speak English. 2) While I was talking to her, I told her a little bit about missionaries and the church, and she said, "Teach my father. he's a good man, he just needs to accept Christ in his heart a little more." I was like, yep, that I can do. Very cool experience.



That's about it. Also this week was really stinking hot. I'm hoping autumn arrives as soon as possible.

AMO VOCÊS!!!!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment