Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 55 - February 19, 2018


You guys, perhaps the greatest miracle I have seen yet on my mission happened this week: we didn't get lost. Before my mission, I had trouble getting around my own city without a GPS, and yet this week, with just a little paper map (a pretty crappy one at that, like half the streets don't have names) and some addresses, we managed to find our way around. We also used the members quite a bit, and a lot of prayer, and a lot of asking people on the street. The good thing is that opening a new area gives you a great conversation starter for street contacts.

Areal seems like a good area: the ward and chapel are a lot bigger than all my other areas, which is weird to me. The members seems great and are super helpful, and luckily they seem happy to have sisters in the ward. One thing I was worried about was that the area would be super hilly- walking all day is hard enough without hills- but luckily it's not. THE BEST PART OF PELOTAS: it's known as the city of sweets. They make hecka goot truffles and stuff here. God really does love me you guys.

My companion is Sister Carlota, also from...guess where?....São Paulo! Again! (I'm starting to think 90% of Brazilians are from São Paulo.) She's a little shy, but very sweet, I'm sure we'll get along great. It's funny because both her and my last companion told me that they're a little shy, I said "Me too," and they were both like, "No, you're definitely not shy, Sister." Well, I guess I WAS shy, but seems like  that's something you just gotta lose when you're on a mission.


That's about it for this week. It's still crazy hot, and I think Pelotas is hotter than my last area because there's more pavement and cars and tall buildings, but somehow I'm surviving. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Amo vocês!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment