Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 54 - February 12, 2018

MAJOR UPDATE, IT HAS BEEN THE CRAZIEST TRANSFER YET. 


I was indeed transferred from Arroio Grande. Much sadness, many tears, but I kind of knew it was coming. I'm so grateful for the time that I had in Arroio Grande. I truly found a second home there, and I have never been so sure that the Lord sent me there because He knew that I needed those experiences.
My beloved daughter (aka, my trainee, Sister V. Araujo) will stay in Arroio Grande, and will be training a new sister this next transfer! She's super nervous because she thinks she doesn't know enough to train, but I know she's be amazing. Super proud of her. (I'll have a granddaughter!)

As for me...I'll be training again! Wooo! And opening a new area, a part of Pelotas called Areal. So, basically, neither me nor my companion will know the members or know how to get anywhere or where the chapel is or where we're living...but it will be a fun experience. Actually, when I found out that I'd be training and opening an area, I could see how much the Lord has helped me to grow as a person. For sure, in the past, my first reaction would be to get super nervous and anxious and start thinking about everything that could go wrong and doubting that I would be able to do it. I still have some of those feelings to be honest, but my first reaction was excitement and gratitude for this new opportunity. I know it will help me to grow..mostly in patience and courage...and that it's what the Lord wants me to do. But still, any prayers for me and my companion and those in my new area would be much appreciated.

Also, I passed my one year mark on the mission this week. How insane is THAT. Only 6 more months. The branch president's family (in Arroio Grande) invited me over and bought me cake to celebrate (they are the freaking greatest). And they tried to teach me how to samba, since it's Carnaval and all and I obviousy can't go home without knowing how to samba. But let's just say it's still a work in progress.

So, yeah, crazy week. Hope you're all doing well, like always. Remember to always trust in the Lord and His timing; He knows way better than you do!
Love,
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment