Monday, January 29, 2018

ONE YEAR - January 29, 2018


What a stinking good week, you guys! And super busy, which is definitely a good thing. Sara and Maiara, the twins, along with Doca were baptized on Friday, and it was definitely a very spiritual experience. The twins are already best friends with the young women in the ward, and even asked to go on visits with us a few times this past week. Their mom, Franciele, should be getting baptized in a month or so- she needs to get legally married first, but they're already working on the papers and everything.


I want to tell you a little more about Doca, because teaching her and seeing her conversion has been one of the greatest miracles I've seen on my mission. When we met her, she had very severe depression. She'd already tried to kill herself several times and was convinced that God absolutely did not care about her. As we visited her and prayed with/for her, helping her see the love our Heavenly Father had for her, she started reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and recognizing little by little how the gospel would help her. Now, when I look at her, I see a completely different person. She has the light of Christ in her eyes. She's happy and loves her life. A couple days before her baptism, she told me about an experience that really touched her: in our first visit with her, I felt prompted to share a scripture with her- 1 Nephi 21:14-16 (I'll let you guys go look it up, because it's super good). I remember her saying that she thought it was a beautiful scripture, but now, months later, she told me that it was what made her want to change. I feel so blessed to have been able to see her find the happiness and hope that this gospel and our Savior offers.


Love you all. Continue looking for the miracles in your life, and never hesitate to share the gospel.

Com amor,
Sister Coleman


No comments:

Post a Comment