Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week 7 - March 22, 2017




These last two days have been, without a doubt, the longest days of my life. We arrived in Porto Alegre yesterday, where a big group of missionaries, the Mission President (President Cruz) and his wife all picked us up. We got the chance to walk around the Porto Alegre temple and take some pictures, then we ate an amazing lunch at the mission home (the ice cream here is SO GOOD). After a lot of orientation/training stuff, we stayed at a hotel last night, did more training today, got assigned our new companions, and headed to our new areas. Many tears were shed (mostly by me because I'm a baby and I'll miss my wonderful MTC district), and it's been hard, but I'm pushing through. My new companion/trainer is Sister Suárez; she is so, so sweet and patient- which is pretty much all I've been praying for for the past few weeks. She's from Ecuador and doesn't speak and English, which is hard, but I'm sure she will help me learn Portuguese super quickly. My first area is Jacui...  (pronounced jaw-QUEE).  I don't really know where that is except that it took about a two hour bus ride from Porto Alegre to get here...so if anyone wants to Google Maps that for me and let me know where I am, that'd be great. The area is beeeeautiful; the houses are all super colorful and the streets are all cobblestone and there are a bunch of fields and horses and stuff. I know I'll love it a lot- already I can tell the people are so nice even though I have almost no idea what they're saying to me. 




You'll get a longer update from me on my real p-day (Monday), with more spiritual experiences too I'm sure. Not that I haven't had any in the past few days...in fact I've never been able to see God's hand in the small and simple things in my life more than I have recently. But unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write today.

Love you all!
-Sister Coleman


P.S. Since I will be speaking literally only Portuguese for the next 18 months, I'm sure my English will be slipping a lot. I've already noticed my spelling and grammar getting slightly worse when I write emails and in my journal and stuff. Just a heads up- try not to judge to harshly.
New missionaries were met at the Porto Alegre airport
by President & Sister Cruz, and the office elders.
At the Porto Alegre Temple 
Sister Coleman with President & Sister Cruz


New missionaries with their trainers & office elders

No comments:

Post a Comment