Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 5 - March 10, 2017

So two of the Elders from my district in Provo joined us at the Brazil MTC on Tuesday, which means our district is now too big to stay in one classroom...so they split our district :( I've grown so close to the missionaries in my district that it was actually a really upsetting thing even though I can still see the ones in the other district during all the time that we aren't in class. It also made me realize that I'll probably be a bawling mess when I have to say goodbye to most of them (those that aren't going to my mission) for good in about 10 days. The split also means no more Irmã Fabiana as a teacher, which I was just not emotionally prepared for. I'm determined to come back to Brazil if only to visit her.

Last p-day my district walked around the neighborhood that the MTC is in for like 20 minutes looking for a place that served burgers...and alas we found one. Brazilian food is so good, but sometimes you just need a nice American cheeseburger.

A cool experience I had this week: Sister Pertab and I had a lesson planned for our "investigator," but after starting the lesson with some questions and follow up from the commitments from last week, we both felt the Spirit telling us we needed to take the lesson in a completely different direction. So with no notes, in our completely ad-libbed and very broken Portuguese, we taught about a 20 minute lesson and the Spirit was just so, so strong. Both of us and our investigator ended up crying because we all felt it so strongly. It made me crazy excited for when I get to go to the field and teach lessons like this to people; this work is so important and for some crazy reason the Lord has blessed me to be able to do it.

Not much else has happened this week, so I just wanted to share a cool quote that my district leader read to us about mission work, but really it's applicable to anyone who has the desire to follow Christ:

"I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The Decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by Faith, lean on His presence, and walk with patience. I am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, and my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."

Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation for every one that believeth..."

I love you all. Remember what's important.

-Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment