Wednesday, February 8, 2017

And so it begins . . . .

Last night Madison was set apart as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She was greeted at the MTC by a family
friend from the ward I grew up in.

She left at 5 am (EST) today, and arrived at the Provo Missionary Training Center around 1 pm (MST).

I was impressed that she could get all of her stuff to fit in the 3 suitcases.  She was concerned about being able to move them all on her own.

Piggy-Back Suitcases
We stayed and watched her until
she was through security.

Saying good-bye. . . 
more hugs.


As part of her orientation, she was able to send a quick email.  She seems great, and is so ready to serve.

Hey Mom!

As part of my little orientation I'm supposed to write you a short email. So far everything's gone great, but the teacher started talking to me in Portuguese and I had no idea what was going on, so that's great.

Anyway, I'm doing great, but I miss you guys! I hope you're not too sad...I'll see you before you know it. Thanks for all your love and support. Talk to you soon!

Love,

Madison? Sister Coleman? (Not sure how I'm supposed to sign these things)





From what we have been told, she will remain at the MTC for 2 weeks, and then will be transferred to the MTC in São Paulo, Brazil for her remaining 4 weeks of training.




No comments:

Post a Comment