Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 73 - June 25, 2018

Soooo this week was crazy emotional. President and Sister Cruz are finishing their mission next week, so they had this big conference to say goodbye to all of us. And I'm pretty sure I was crying from the minute President started talking until the end, haha. They just talked about the memories and good moments they've had with us on the mission, and how much they love us, how we've become a part of their family. Then they put up this slideshow with pictures of all of us and "God be with you till we meet again" playing in the background. I don't think there was a single person in the room not crying. At the end, they just said, "This isn't a goodbye, this is a see you later. We'll all be together again someday." 


They've been the absolute best, I know God needed me to come to this mission at this time, even if it was just to serve with them. (Although obviously it was for a lot of other reasons too.) Okay, I'm gonna stop talking about this now or I'll start crying again.

So, I'll be serving with the new president, President Souza (from São Paulo) for just a few weeks. But obviously he'll be great too, because he was also called by God to serve at this time....but there's still no way I'll get as attached to him as Pres. Cruz.

Other than that, not much out of the ordinary happened this week. Lots of rain here, and Natiele (from that family of Native Americans that I mentioned a few times) decided to get baptized next week! We're still working with the rest of the family, because they're all amazing, but not totally sure that they want to get baptized. But we're so happy for Natiele and proud of her courage for being the first of her family to get baptized. (She's 17). 

I realized that I didn't say anything about my new comp in my last letter...oops. Sometimes I forget what I've written in my journal or in cards or in my weekly update, so if I write about something in one of those places, I feel like I've already written about it in others. Anyway, her name is Sister Amazonas, from Manaus, which is in the state of Amazonas (what a coincidence, huh?). She's been on her mission for 4 months. 

Well, love you all. Até logo (um pouco logo de mais)!
Sister Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment